[OS X TeX] paths in jaguar

tom keyes keyes at chem.bu.edu
Fri Sep 6 21:19:59 EDT 2002

Hello all,
 I did an 'update' to 10.2 and am trying to get the PATH and other inits
straightened out. On OS 10.1 I have both
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current and
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin1.3.7 in my path. That's from an
installation of teTeX maybe 6 months old. However /...-current is just a
symlink to /...1.3.7. I'm sure there's some clever reason why that's done
but why, and why is the message now to add /...-current to the PATH and not

 Is it OK to keep using this older teTeX version with jaguar?

tia
tom