[OS X TeX] Problem with ImageMagick?

Jeff Collins vze22kt4 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 27 10:36:40 EDT 2002

I'm not expecting great results, but I've been trying to convert some
papers written long ago (in Word) to LaTeX using rtf2latex2e. The
conversion works well enough, except for a warning I encounter as it
converts each picture. The warning reads as follows and results in a
LaTeX file that does not work:

>* Warning: PICT format image encountered.
>Calling ImageMagick to convert figure to EPS...
>dyld: convert can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib  (No
>such file or directory, errno = 2)
>* Figure conversion to EPS failed! Is ImageMagick installed?

I re-installed the ImageMagick distribution from the URL below using the
i-installer program:

<http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/ImageMagick.ii>

I still get the same warnings as a try to convert the rtf file.
Interestingly (and maybe relevant), the i-installer window that opens
when trying to install from the above URL is titled "TIFF Library" rather
than the expected "ImageMagick."  Can anyone offer advice about how to
trouble-shoot this problem?

thanks,
Jeff