[OS X TeX] BibTeX error - can anyone see what is wrong?

Edward M. Roche eroche at mac.com
Thu Sep 19 08:49:45 EDT 2002

I'm getting this error:

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.3.7)
The top-level auxiliary file: V4.aux
The style file: plain.bst
Database file #1: process.bib
Your field is more than 5000 characters---line 664 of file process.bib
  :  TITLE = "Contracting Out Go
  :                             vernment Services--Best Practice
Guidelines and Case Studies" ,
I'm skipping whatever remains of this entry
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "pro:green-zimmerman"
..... (it continues for the remainder of all the rest of the entries
with the same Warning)...

The entry in the bib file is:

@TECHREPORT{pro:OECD-priv ,
  AUTHOR = "Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development" ,
  TITLE = "Contracting Out Government Services--Best Practice Guidelines
and Case Studies" ,
  INSTITUTION = "OECD" ,
  YEAR = "1998" ,
  TYPE = "Public Management Occasional Papers" ,
  NUMBER = "20" ,
  ADDRESS = "Paris"
}

I can't understand what is wrong.