[OS X TeX] can't find files in /usr/local/tetex/bin/

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Apr 8 00:47:11 EDT 2004

Hemant Bhargava wrote:
> my tex system (tetex) runs ok, but when I manually look for certain
> files such as
>
> [Hemant-Bhargavas-Computer:~] hemantb% which texconfig
> texconfig: Command not found.
> [Hemant-Bhargavas-Computer:~] hemantb% which texhash
> texhash: Command not found.
>
> I get a "not found" message. This means I can't run programs like
> texhash - and so I am unable to make use of certain files I've added to
> the texmf tree.

Sounds like your path doesn't contain the tex directories. To see if
this is the case, you can type "echo $PATH". There are several things
that could be wrong here, so I can't be very specific.

If you reconfigure all of your installations from i-Installer, this
*should* fix the problem---unless you've been changing your startup
scripts in bash or tcsh.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, my mac's in for servicing...

Will Robertson