[OS X TeX] Page size? (Using TeXShop and XeTeX and plain)

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Sat Apr 17 03:40:56 EDT 2004

>> Calling all programmers --- could we add that so that one can pass
>> parameters from the first line of one's source file?
>
> Yes, please...

better idea: give the whole shell script command needed to typeset the
document in the first line, not just parameters.
even better idea: also give the whole shell script command to make the
bibliography, in case we need something better than bibtex
even better idea: also give the command to make the index, in case we
need something better than makeindex

All this overriding the usual behaviour when present.

This is so better than the actual TeXShop UI and exactly what iTeXMac
implemented a long time ago.
But in fact, this is not such a good idea: adding meaningful TeX
comments to a document should be considered as a pollution and should
be avoided for portability reasons.
The right answer to that problem is in the forthcoming TeX Wrapper
Structure, or in the .texshop file as a poor man solution...

HTH