[OS X TeX] The LaTeX Companion

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 23:31:52 EDT 2004

Yes, I didn't reply to this at the time because I assumed that most
people would see the problem. Most sites that offer free shipping have
some detailed fine print that excludes everywhere other than the
country of origin. Even Amazon do this---and bury the exclusions where
no one is going to notice. So there is Buckleys chance of getting the
Latex Companion cheap, AND with free shipping unless you are pretty
close to the vendor---which usually means being in the U.S.

Certainly I know that they are not going to give free shipping all the
way to Australia. They wouldn't even send it Seamail for free, which
would take three months anyway.

Caveat Emptor

A.H.