[OS X TeX] LaTeX -> Word?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Apr 20 04:20:03 EDT 2004

Le 20 avr. 04, à 09:28, Thomas Schröder a écrit :

> Am 20.04.2004 um 04:44 schrieb Robert Kerstetter:
>
>>> So, thanks for the tip but I guess, latex2rtf is not for me.
>>
>> Try TeX4ht
>
> Ah, well, I already tried that. (I said so, when I started this thread)

Did you try TtH <http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/>? It's free for
non-commercial use (mostly educational). It converts formulae to
structural markup, not graphics. The examples display not too bad in
IE, thus it shouldn't work too bad with Word.

A version has been compiled for the Mac as part of the shareware OzTeX
<http://www.trevorrow.com/oztex/>. I just tried it on an old plain TeX
document, with lots of multiline formulae, the resulting .html file
opens in Word and doesn't look too bad. The equations will need manual
editing in many places, but that looks as a good starting point.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin