[OS X TeX] Tableofcontents entry in the table of contents

Constantinos Antoniou costas at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 23:04:35 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am wrapping up my dissertation, and would like to add entries for the
\tableofcontents, \listoffigures, and \listoftables in my table of
contents.

I did something like that:

\tableofcontents
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Table of contents}
\listoffigures
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of figures}
\listoftables
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of tables}
\listofalgorithms
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of algorithms}

which gives the entries, but the page number that is added corresponds
to the end of the table of contents/list of figures etc...(i.e. the
last page, instead for the first).

If I do this:

\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Table of contents}
\tableofcontents
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of figures}
\listoffigures
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of tables}
\listoftables
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{List of algorithms}
\listofalgorithms

then I get some page numbers before the actual first page of the table
of contents etc...

In the worst case, I will remove these entries from the TOC, but if
there is a straightforward solution that I am missing, it would
probably be nice to add these,

Thank you in advance,

Costas

--