[OS X TeX] our apologies for the email chaos

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Aug 25 19:22:10 EDT 2004

As you I am sure you are aware, an autoresponder from
garbage at 4readers.com caused a biblical number of messages to be send to
all list subscribers early this morning (U.S. time). I had an early
morning meeting, so I didn't check my email before leaving for work (as
I usually do). Fortunately, I got a call from one of my graduate
students (Andy Miller) during the meeting notifying me of the problem
and he unsubscribed the offender. All has been back to normal since
about 8 or 9 hours ago.

Again, I apologize for the chaos this caused. If it's any consolation
(though it's probably not), I had 4976 messages waiting for me when I
finally got out of my meeting and checked my email at 12:30 PM. The
list will be sending out the digest in about 40 minutes -- I feel for
the digest subscribers. :-)

One more thing -- I will try and cull the nonsense from the digest
before posting it to the Archives page.

All the best,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>