[OS X TeX] Typesetting classical Arabic commentary

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Thu Aug 26 04:38:19 EDT 2004

My current project is a translation of a classic law primer from
Arabic. In the future, I would like to add commentary to the complete
text.

A typical Arabic commentary is of the format
	(A) abcdef (B) abcdef ...
where the primary text is printed within parenthesis and the commentary
without.

It is common to have the primary text printed alone in the margin and
the commentary (along with the primary text) within the main text
block.

I looked at LEDMAC. From what I can tell, I could use LEDMAC for this
if I can turn off line numbering, footnote reference numbers, and print
the entire basic text (chunk by chunk) in the lemas.

Is there a better way to do this?

Regards,
Musa

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>