[OS X TeX] Problem with TeXShop macro: "Insert reference"

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Tue Aug 31 12:40:22 EDT 2004

Hi Daniel,

Am 29.08.2004 um 11:23 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> I tried to use the new applescript for inserting \cite-commands in my
> .tex Document. It only works if I manually delete the files citekeys
> and citekeys.bst in festplatte:private:temp

That's weird because in my script I use the Unix path of "/tmp" and not
the Mac path of "Hard Drive:private:tmp".

> If I then run your script again, the error message tells me something
> about duplicate files.

That's even weirder. Maybe something went wrong when you pasted the
script into the macro editor? I suggest you get back to my original
mail, copy the script from there and paste it directly into the macro
editor. And before you do that please check that you have a new version
of TeXShop. I wrote and tested this with TeXShop 1.34.

> Should the script contain some lines that delete previously produced
> files in /temp ?

Maybe it should, but I just overwrite them everytime the script runs.
As I was saying in my mail when I posted the script, it's fast enough
for me, so I didn't bother to try and optimize it. One obvious step
would have been to check, wether citekeys and citekeys.bst were already
in /tmp. Maybe I should try to incorporate that check. Anyways, all the
files that reside in /tmp will be deleted the next time the computer is
restarted that's why I chose that directory for the temporary files.

> Thanks for your effort and for any help. I see this script as a major
> step forward, comparable to the pdfsync package.

Thanks must go to Will because without his scripts I wouldn't have been
able to do this.

	Ciao, Thomas

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>