[OS X TeX] Paths in file names

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Wed Dec 1 12:06:18 EST 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 17:52, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Holger Frauenrath wrote:
>
>> BTW, I have once again tried to search the digest version of the
>> mailing list using the Google search box on the web page. I do not
>> know what I am doing wrong, but this search has actually never worked
>> for me. Checking "Search esm.psu.edu" just gives me as an answer:
>>
>> 'h:esm.psu.edu' (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we
>> limit queries to 10 words.
>
> If I got to the page:
>
> http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/
>
> and type in "Holger Frauenrath" (with the quotes), I get 32 results.
>
> Where are you searching?

Aaah. Stupid me. If I repeat what you just did, I actually just get 2
results, and then it says that similar results have been omitted (but
you can have them displayed if you follow the link). In addition,
however, one will get an error message just below the search box saying
(in this particular case) ""Digests" (and any subsequent words) was
ignored because we limit queries to 10 words.". This is what made me
think that the search had not worked. Well, I do not know if this is
the way it is supposed to work, and I find it a little strange. But, in
fact, it does work. Sorry.

Holger

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>