[OS X TeX] BBEdit - TeXniscope synchronization

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 7 01:23:41 EST 2004

Steven,

I believe that your difficulties could all be solved by reading the
"ReadMe" file carefully and follow the instructions. Flashmode and all
included scripts work for single tex files as well as for master/
slaves combinations without any problems. The separate Applescripts
enable typesetting and synchronization B --> T, while synchronization T
--> B is possible and works like a charm - again for any possible
combination -, when the preferences in T are set correctly, all of
which is described in great detail.

Claus

On Dec 7, 2004, at 4:58, Steven Shaviro wrote:

> I've been trying to set up BBEdit/TeXniscope synchronization, using
> Claus Gerhardt's scripts; but I've had all sorts of difficulties: with
> flashmode, with the color sync symbol, and with synchronizing
> documents that \include other documents, or that are themselves
> sub-documents included in other documents.
>
> Rather than asking for help to debug all these problems, I am
> wondering if it is possible to just do something simpler: I'd be
> grateful for an applescript that would just update the pdf when I
> requested it (rather than continually), that would use pdfsync to move
> me to the approximately correct location in TeXniscope (without adding
> any special symbol as line marker, and hence without requiring the
> color package), and that would work with documents that are included
> in larger documents.
>
> Thanks--

> ---------------------------------
> Steven Shaviro shaviro at shaviro.com
> http://www.shaviro.com
> The Pinocchio Theory:
> http://www.shaviro.com/Blog/
> ---------------------------------

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

Claus Gerhardt
Institut für Angewandte Mathematik
Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 294
69120 Heidelberg
Germany

http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/

PGP Public Key available from
ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu

Digital Signature for pdf files available from
http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/
DataExchangeClausGerhardt.fdf

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>