[OS X TeX] Scaling hyperref URLs

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 7 10:43:32 EST 2004

Le 7 déc. 04, à 16:29, Jan Eden a écrit :

> Update. I tried the following:
>
> \makeatletter
> \renewcommand{\url at font} {%
>     \ttfamily\small\catcode`\<=\active\catcode`\>=\active%
> }
> \makeatother
>
> But the property font does not seem to be defined like that for \url.
>
> Any hint is appreciated,

\url is defined by the ancilliary package url.sty, pretty much
independent from hyperref.sty (but called by it). What you can try is
redefine \url to use \href instead:

\renewcommand{\url}[1]{\href{#1}{#1}}

(but you'll lose the monospace font and -- the main advantage of
url.sty, IIRC -- the ability to have URLs broken at appropriate places,
in case line break are necessary), or even:

\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\url@}[1]{\hyper at linkurl{\Hurl{#1}}{#1}}
\makeatother

I'm not sure what this code does, I found it in one of my files but
it's been months since I last used hyperref.sty (at that time I had
done a lot of customizations to get hyperlinks underlined in the PDF
output).

HTH,

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>