[OS X TeX] AppleScripts updated

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Dec 17 03:13:44 EST 2004

With the release of BibDesk 0.97.1 I've updated my AppleScripts, they
now use BibDesk's cite key generation when adding an entry. Thanks to
Christiaan for this great contribution.

* Addwepage – A simple script for Safari, it creates a new URL-entry
with the the title and URL of the website currently open in Safari. It
also adds the current date, using Jurabib's Urldate field.

* Nebis – Also a Safari script, meant for Nebis
(http://opac.nebis.ch/ALEPH/) and IDS Basel/Bern
(http://aleph.unibas.ch/ALEPH/), the libraries of the universities of
Basel, Bern and Zürich (Switzerland) which are all based on Aleph.
Search for  the book you want in Safari and once you found it, add it
to BibDesk with this script. The script is a bit of a hack since
Aleph's output isn't always formatted the same way, but until BibDesk
gets proper Z39.50 support, it's the best I can do.

* Amazonsearch – This script allows you to search in the Amazon
database directly out of BibDesk. You can either search amazon.com or
amazon.de and you can do either keyword or author search.
Unfortunately, Amazon's bibliographic data is somewhat limited, you
only get some basic information.

* RLGSearch - This script searches http://redlightgreen.com a
bibliographic database which claims to have 120 mio titles. Like with
Amazonsearch you can do your search directly out of BibDesk. The
bibliographic data is much more complete, you can even select from
different editions. If the data is available, the following fields are
filled: Address, Author, Title, Year, Publisher, Editor, Flanguange
(jurabib's field for original language), Translator, ISBN, Edition,
Series, Number (of Series), Notes.
The scripts can be downloaded at:
http://www.simifilm.ch/bibdeskscriptsen.html

Two of the scripts parse HTML output which is a nasty thing. If you
encounter problems feel free to contact me.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97