[OS X TeX] Still fighting with the {letter} documentclass

Google Kreme gkreme at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 08:58:24 EST 2004

I finally have a letter solution that mostly works for me, prints
labels, and will merge 30 or so letters into one TeX file (thanks
Maarten)

I don't like how the return address is formatted.  Or the automatic
placement of the date.
I'd like the date to be set flush right, but since the date is never
even specified in the document, I can't see how to format it.

As for the labels, they seem to be quite spread out on the page, and I
can't find an Avery label sheet that matches up quite right.  And it
appears the \makelabels is laid out to skip alternate labels on a page
as there is a LOT of white space between them.

these are my headers:

% This is a mail-merge in PHP and latex.
\documentclass[12pt,letter]{letter}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{txfonts}
\usepackage[british]{babel}
\usepackage[colorlinks=true,linkcolor=red,urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
\setlength{\voffset}{-1in}
\setlength{\textheight}{8.5in}
% To create sheets for the peel-off labels use this command.

\makelabels
\address{\textsc{Google Kreme} \\ \textsc{1234 Main} \\
\textsc{Denver, CO 80200} \\ 303.555.1212 \\
\href{mailto:gkreme at gmail.com}{gkreme at gmail.com} \&
\href{mailto:kreme at kreme.com}{kreme at kreme.com}}

I looked at the other letter options, but none provided for \makelabels.

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::