[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Tue Dec 28 16:25:03 EST 2004

Dear Gerben,
first of all, a heartfelt thanks to the work you and others are doing. I
switched from FrameMaker to LaTeX this fall, and my only regret is that
I didn't switch earlier. I have used it now for a number of files, up to
more than 40 pages long, with great results.

Now my wife wants to migrate to LaTeX as well, and during these last few
days we have been trying to install.  This evening, after your TeX
installation package became available, we installed TeX, apparently
successfully.

However, running a miminal test file did not produce a good pdf output.
The transcript has a warning that the font file map pdftex.map cannot be
opened:

-------------
[1

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file pdfte
x.map): cannot open font map file
]

The missing file seems to be located at

    /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map

Have I done something wrong, or can I fix this myself somehow?

best wishes
Peter

--
Peter Pagin