[OS X TeX] Re: Memoir question (was: Re: Example documents and templates)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 6 11:11:41 EDT 2004

On 6 jul 2004, at 17:06, Kannan Moudgalya wrote:

> I have a question regarding the memoir class.  I have written a 400
> page
> document (lots of equations) using the report/book class.  I tried to
> see
> if I could run it using the memoir class.  I ran into difficulty, most
> having to do with the fonts.  Can someone offer a pointer?  Thanks.

A more precise error message would be helpful. Note that the obsolete
commands
for emphasis, bold &c are removed from Memoir: {\em text} no longer
works, that
should be changed to the latex2e version: \emph{text}. Same for the
other font commands.

I think there is an option to activate these old commands, have a look
in the Memoir manual.
Or better yet, replace them with the proper modern commands.

Maarten