[OS X TeX] Recompiling BibTeX

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jul 12 08:57:47 EDT 2004

On Jul 12, 2004, at 07:35, Simon Spiegel wrote:

>> For annotations there is a known workaround: put the long annotations
>> in a separate file, and use \input{somefile} in the annotation field
>> instead.
> Thanks. The problem with this solution is that I lose the ability to
> view and
> edit my annotations inside BibDesk which makes the whole thing a bit
> useless.
> Maybe BibDesk could add the ability to view and even edit \input files
> (Adam,
> are you listening?), but I guess this is nontrivial.

Sure, I'm listening.  I think you're better off trying to recompile
BibTeX, unless Mike McCracken has some great idea for making this work
with BibDesk :).  If this required a separate file for each annotation,
that could get really messy in a hurry.

I think James Howison recompiled BibTeX with a larger buffer size, so
you might try posting to the bibdesk-users list.  Are you using the
annotations in your document?  I've never seen this error personally,
so I'm curious as to how it fails.

--
Adam