[OS X TeX] Two macros for TeXShop & iTeXMac

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 13 20:27:14 EDT 2004

On 7/13/04 7:08 PM, "Alain Schremmer" <Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net> wrote:

> I am duly impressed, not least because I didn't quite believe that all
> I would have to do to install them would be to paste in the macro
> editor. Of course, when I pasted the second one, it didn't work as I
> had forgotten to hit New item. But it took me only about a minute to
> realize.
>
> I did not see what makes the tabular a floating one but I take your
> word for it. Is there a way to make it non floating? A lot of my tables
> are two or three rows and really part of the body text.
>
> Any other such in preparation?
>
> Thanks.
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

The {tabular} environment, which ``builds'' the table is surrounded by a

\begin{table}[htbp]
  \centering
\end{table}

which make it a float. Remove that and it won't float. But then you'll have
to surround the {tabular} with a {centering} environment to get it centered
(there are other ways to do that but that is the obvious one.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)