[OS X TeX] Strange cursor behavior

Ronald Bruck bruck at math.usc.edu
Fri Jul 23 23:55:10 EDT 2004

I have a new 17" Powerbook, and I have started having troubles with
TeXShop.  I wonder whether anyone else has seen this.

When I'm typing near the insertion point, it's as if everything is
going into the bit bucket--nothing appears on-screen.  Then when I move
the cursor just a tiny bit, all that I typed suddenly appears onscreen.
  As you can imagine, one is FREQUENTLY typing near the insertion point!
  So this is incredibly frustrating.

I don't think I see it in other apps, like Mail or BBEdit.

Any idea what the problem could be?  Is it a TeXShop issue, or a
Powerbook issue, or what?

It's not just when using the trackpad, incidentally.  It also works
when I'm working using a Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth mouse.

Bluetooth is wonderful, BTW.  I have a new Sony Ericsson T610
cellphone, and syncing my Powerbook's address book and calendar worked
first time, right out of the box.

--Ron Bruck

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>