[OS X TeX] Feedback

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 09:11:22 EDT 2004

Hi Gerben,

Am 03.06.2004 um 13:31 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> Entry
>
>     http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23517
>
> could use some honest & friendly feedback, I think ;-) so that people
> get
> an idea what it is.

How about changing the description on VersionTracker? It's a bit
general, isn't it? How about

"TeX installer and much more"

instead of

"Internet-based installer program"

for the quick description.

And how about something like

"With this internet-based installer you can install a Unix based TeX
system on your Mac. Furthermore it can install many other great
packages, like GhostScript, ImageMagick or PfaEdit which aren't just
great for a TeX system.
i-Installer started out as a pure TeX-installer but has now evolved
into much more."

instead of the very dry and  general description? That way, people
would more easily recognize i-Installer for what it is. I think I'd
have skipped i-Installer's entry on VT hadn't I known what it is
because I'd have thought it's something like InstallAnywhere or VISE
Installer, i.e. something for developers and not something for end
users.

What do you think?