[OS X TeX] Feedback

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Jun 4 04:47:34 EDT 2004

On Jun 4, 2004, at 03:59, Anthony Morton wrote:

> Personally I like to think of i-Installer as 'Fink without the
> baggage', but I don't know that Gerben would want to go that far.  :-)

I think more of it as "Installer.app on steroids", but I am aware that
Installer.app has also grown and provides functionality that
i-Installer does not. Installer is able only to install what is needed
(after having downloaded it all) in a fine grained way, i-installer
installs large chunks, but only downloads these as needed. Again, both
approaches have advantages and disadvantages.