[OS X TeX] EPS to PDF--en masse?

Louis A.Talman talmanl at mscd.edu
Sun Jun 6 17:38:31 EDT 2004

I've a few hundred EPS files, produced by Mathematica, that I want to
include in some documents I'm LaTeXing.  The files are in batches of
several dozen, serially named.  I can convert them to PDFs by dropping
them on the TeXShop icon.  However, in the numbers I want to make the
conversions, that's very inconvenient--TeXShop wants to open a window
for each, and then I have to close the windows or shut down TexShop and
restart it for the next batch.  Moreover, it seems to take forever if I
drop more than about 20 of them on the icon at once.

Neither Adobe Distiller nor Lemke's Graphic Converter does as good a
job--the quality PDFs thet produce is inferior to that of those
produced by TeXShop.

Is there a way to script this so it'll run in the
background--preferably without opening a window for each picture?

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver

   <http://clem.mscd.edu/~talmanl>