[OS X TeX] EPS to PDF--en masse?

Louis A.Talman talmanl at mscd.edu
Mon Jun 7 01:59:42 EDT 2004

On Jun 6, 2004, at 4:34 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:

> Forgot to comment in my previous message:  I believe GraphicConverter
> converts the PDF into a bitmap using ghostscript, so this isn't a
> surprise.  I'm curious what the quality problem is with Adobe's
> distiller, though, since that is the reference PDF standard that
> ghostscript aims for AFAIK.

Distiller insists on making a full page with the graphic in the lower
left-hand corner.  (Or, at least, I haven't figured out how to tell it
not to do that.)  So when I ask TeXShop to embed my picture in a
document in a, say, two-inch square, I get a teeny-tiny little picture
down in the lower left-hand corner of that two-inch square.

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver

   <http://clem.mscd.edu/~talmanl>