[OS X TeX] mediaeval default?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 06:28:28 EDT 2004

Le 14 juin 04, à 12:06, Hans van Maanen a écrit :

> but I want all my numbers oldstyle by default, without having to say
> \oldstylenums{} every time.
>
> With the eco-package, things seem to go wrong. Is there any other way
> to accomplish this? Am I missing something obvious?

Another way to get numbers oldstyle by default is to use XeTeX and
select, for example, the font Hoefler Text whose numbers are oldstyle.

Two restrictions to the use of XeTeX (allowing the use of any Mac OS X
font in TeX) though:

- You have to switch to Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for your input text.

- Maths are by default in CM fonts, which do not blend well (they are
too thin) with OS X fonts.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin