[OS X TeX] Fixme question and favorite packages

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 21 11:25:13 EDT 2004

On 21 jun 2004, at 16:43, Kyle Johnson wrote:

> How does one get a hold of pdfcprot? A search of CTAN doesn't find it.

It did for me (on the UK site).

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/pdfcprot.html

Also useful to review once in a while:
     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/l2tabu/english/l2tabuen.pdf

In keeping with the theme of this thread: the ifthen and calc packages
are also very useful, as are the ntg-classes, from which I took code to
format my table of contents (no dotted lines...).

I also avoid the use of too many options when loading the hyperref
package. Instead I try to use the hypersetup command for that as much
as I can.

\hypersetup{colorlinks=true, linkcolor=blue, anchorcolor=black,
citecolor=blue,
     filecolor=red, menucolor=red, pagecolor=blue, urlcolor=red,
bookmarksopen=false,
     bookmarksnumbered=false, pdfborder=false, pdfpagemode={None},
pdfview={FitH},
     pdfstartpage=1, pdfstartview={FitH}, pdftitle={On the use of LaTeX
in academia},
     pdfauthor={Maarten Sneep}, pdfsubject={You figure it out ;-)}
}

(For printed versions: set all colours to black).

Maarten