[OS X TeX] Fixme question and favorite packages

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jun 21 11:58:30 EDT 2004

On 21 Jun, 2004, at 10:25, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> Also useful to review once in a while:
>     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/l2tabu/english/l2tabuen.pdf

Thanks for that; I've wondered why some commands are deprecated.  I
also just became a user of geometry.sty after reading it.

Packages I regularly use that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

\usepackage{subfigure} % environment for grouping figures as 1a, 1b
etc. in a single float
\usepackage{nomencl}   % for generating a nomenclature
\usepackage{endfloat}  % put figures/tables at the end of the document
(useful for certain journals)

--
Adam