[OS X TeX] iTexMac invisible folders?

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Jun 25 12:15:12 EDT 2004

Le 25 juin 04, à 17:31, Hans van Maanen a écrit :

> Hi --
>
> Curiouser and curiouser, I thought I'd compare TexShop and iTexMac.
> One of the things I notice, is that iTexMac makes invisible folders
> .iTexMac everywhere. I wonder why this is, and if it is necessary. OSX
> is difficult to keep clean as it is...
>
> Does iTexMac clean up after itself, or are these folders permanent?
>
> Hans

It is a bug if iTM puts those files everywhere!!! Those files are
created each time iTM compiles.

I can't say this is necessary, but this is the only solution I found to
allow the user to customize iTeXMac in some sense.
When cleaning, you can remove this file with the various .log and .aux

dot files are common practice where resources were used.

Things will be more evident in the forthcoming version.