[OS X TeX] Lobbying for Reply-To as it used to be

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Mar 22 10:56:05 EST 2004

Le 22 mars 04, à 16:32, Stefan Kauhaus a écrit :

> whereas if the Reply-To-Header is set by the mailing list software, I
> have no choice: both actions will result in the same behaviour (did
> someone just say this is supposed to be "logical" ...?).

Logical in the sense that if a message is posted to the list, then it's
supposed to be interesting to everybody, as will be the various
replies. Hence the notion of a "logical" default -- that any reply,
unless the poster changes the To field purposely, goes to the list.

> * PRO fixed Reply-To-Header:
> I'm lazy. I just want to click once and it should work as I want it to.

I would think it a matter of convenience rather than laziness.

These are just opinions, not more. Anyway I still call this a
"discussion".

Bruno