[OS X TeX] Utopia fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 15:58:33 EST 2004

Le 24 mars 04, à 20:53, Stefan Kauhaus a écrit :

>>> Yep. Have a look at
>>> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/mac/fonts/oztex/utopia-
>>> oztex.sit .
>>
> The Stuffit archive at the given address contains four "outline fonts"
> and one "font suitcase", that's what Get Info tells me. The font
> suitcase is named "Utopia (fam).scr" so I guess this one indeed is a
> screen font. If I put all five files into my ~/Library/Fonts/, Utopia
> will show up in Fontbook with four styles. If I take away either the
> .scr file or the four outline files, the whole font will disappear in
> Fontbook.

Fonts provided as a separate screen font suitcase and outline font
files are for OS 9 and below. You can just drag them onto your OS 9
System Folder, you should get a dialog telling these files must be put
at specific places and asking whether you agree. You should then be
able to use the fonts both in Classic and OS X. You may find that only
Carbon applications see them, not Cocoa applications, I'm not sure.

There are details here:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/
Managing_FontManager/fm_concepts/chapter_2_section_3.html>

and other places I don't remember right now.

Bruno Voisin