[OS X TeX] As it used to be .....

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Mar 28 15:18:39 EST 2004

Le 28 mars 04, à 21:57, Eric Steed a écrit :

> Can some one please summarize for me the final behavior?
>
> [ I'm relatively new and have no idea how it 'used it be' ]

Just that the list software sets a Reply-To field for every message,
namely the list address. Because of this, when you press the Reply
button in your mailing software, your reply is sent to the whole list
by default.

This had been the original behaviour of this list for almost three
years. Then it was changed, in that the Reply-To field was suppressed.
Then, when you pressed the Reply button in your software, by default
your reply was sent to the original poster only. For sending the reply
to the whole list you had to either: (i) edit the To field yourself; or
(ii) press the Reply-To-All button, in which case the message was sent
to the original poster and Cced to the list also.

This is now back to the original behaviour.

Bruno Voisin