[OS X TeX] TeX is not for the faint of heart

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Tue May 4 09:44:07 EDT 2004

This still idiot-install does not quite understand what is meant by
documentation. If it is something I would have liked to read when I
first used i-Installer, I would help if only as a guinea pig. I have
lost my initial "innocence" but am still raw enough.

If it is, then I already have two suggestions

    1. It should have a very explicit title. Maybe just READ ME!!!!!! or
    perhaps Read Me Or You Will Scream In Frustration or perhaps For The
    Install-Idiot. Etc.

    2. It should contain a description of i. what each package does, ii.
    under what circumstances it is to be installed and iii. whether it
    will be used automatically, behind the scene, or if the user will
    have to do something and what that something is going to be.

At this stage, not much detail is necessary. On the other hand, what is
a user to do with "wvWare /MS Word Conversion/" The italicized does not
belong in the name and should be expanded just a bit in the document.

Actually, if the document is in the above spirit, I would be willing to
have my arm twisted and to help not just by reading but also by writing
from the viewpoint of the install-idiot.

Regards
--schremmer