[OS X TeX] Very good introduction IMHO

Rebecca Weber rweber at nd.edu
Thu May 6 13:49:14 EDT 2004

> All this talk has provoked some of us to try and fix the situation
> *now*. Unfortunately for my work progress, this includes me :)

Yeah, my exams aren't going to grade themselves either.

> What do you think of (the content of)
> <http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/texstart/>?

It's great!  It's much more than I had the impression you'd be able to
put together by now, too.  I think the comments in the sample file,
while they could be augmented, are very clear.

Last night I changed my little explanation around also.  It's been
rearranged, augmented, and changed to all LaTeX (it was pointed out to
me that some of my examples were LaTeX-specific, and I don't know plain
TeX to fix that).  The glaring backslash error has been fixed.  The new
version is here:
http://www.nd.edu/~rweber/texintro.html

It's nowhere near as decorative as Will's page, and quite incomplete,
but it's there.  Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.
Rebecca