[OS X TeX] Major path puzzlement

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 11 10:26:01 EDT 2004

Le 11 mai 04, à 15:57, stephenmoye at cox.net a écrit :

>> Did you by any chance install a Unix porting system (Fink,
>> DarwinPorts)
>> on your machines? What is $PATH for you?
>
> 9:38 SGM_OSX ~: echo $PATH
> /sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/local/bin/:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/
> local/
> bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/X11R6/bin

Then you've got Fink on your machine, and that's possibly the cause of
your problem. There may be Fink binaries (possibly another kpsewhich)
which are found before the i-Installer installed ones, or search in
Fink's TeX-related directories instead of the i-Installer-installed
ones. There are special versions of Fink packages (maybe system-tetex,
I don't remember and don't use Fink myself) that allow correct
interaction with i-Installer's teTeX.

>> Third thing: do you have a texmf.cnf or ls-R file inside
>> ~/Library/texmf/? There shouldn't be, I think.
>
> There was, but deleting it seemed to make no difference.

Does deleting, *and* then re-running the configuration stage of the TeX
i-Package make a difference?

Bruno Voisin