[OS X TeX]

Peter Cholak Peter.Cholak.1 at nd.edu
Sun May 23 23:10:54 EDT 2004

Here

http://www.nd.edu/~cholak/searchinstall.txt

are instructions on how to get forward and reverse
seacrhing to work with carbon enhanced emacs (v. 21.3.50.03.11.14.CVS)
with either MacDviX or the xdvi from tetex installed via the
i-Installer (the xdvi from fink should work similarly).

However things are not perfect.  Either forward nor reverse searching
work if you use the bash shell.  Also see 7.  I was hoping that
someone who knows more about shells, OS X, and emacs can help me out.

7.  One can forgo 5 and start emacs from the finder at the price that
     bib-cite will not work properly.  Bib-cite needs some env variable
     like TEXBIB to point to the /bib files.  It is on the wish list to
     add kpsepath functional to bib-cite.  How one does pass variables
     via the finder?

-Peter