[OS X TeX] XEmacs and teTeX: problem with PATH and XEmacs packages

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Mon May 24 00:58:33 EDT 2004

On May 24, 2004, at 03:04, Julia Brueck wrote:

> I did not manage to permanently change the PATH variable to include
> /sw/bin so that I can start XEmacs without first typing export
> PATH=... I changed the .profile in my /Users/*me*

I don't know exactly what you have done, but it seems you have to run
/sw/bin/pathsetup.sh or add ". /sw/bin/init.sh" -- without quotes -- to
/Users/you/.xinitrc or some other file. See
<http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php?phpLang=en#fink-not-
found>

> and I changed profile in /etc.

It would not be a good idea to modify a file in /etc unless you know
what you are doing. Get it back to the original state if possible.

Kino