Please no: [OS X TeX] set environment variables forapplications

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at wsu.edu
Tue May 25 10:33:25 EDT 2004

On 25 May, 2004, at 09:16, Kino wrote:

> But still I don't understand what the problem is. Does $PATH affect
> your packages? In the installation process? $PATH set in the
> environment.plist is not effective for commands executed in Terminal
> if I'm not mistaken.

I set CVS_RSH=ssh and SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/501/SSHKeychain.socket in
environment.plist for precisely this reason: that they are available to
cvs/ssh when run from Terminal, CVL, XCode, Fugu, and other apps.  If I
open an ssh session to my computer from another machine, or an xterm in
X11.app on my machine, they will not be set.  I think this is one of
the few legitimate uses for environment.plist...

--
Adam