[OS X TeX] Re: font embedding / pdfpages

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Sat May 29 15:32:35 EDT 2004

Thanks for forwarding the mail, Ross, and thanks very much for the
answer, Martin! I'm returning the answer to the OS X TeX list too, in
case somebody is interested / googles for it.

On May 29, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Martin Schröder wrote:

>>> when i try to embed the paper with \includepdf, i get the following
>>> message:
>>> Warning: pdflatex (file mtsyn.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
>>> reading
>
> The mapfiles probably have entries for embedding these fonts,
> although the fonts are not available. Remove these entries and
> the embedding should work.

This worked. I ran everything with an empty pdftex.map file, and all
the original embeddings were preserved.

Thanks again.
jan