[OS X TeX] Lucidabr and fontenc

Cameron Hooper chooper at umich.edu
Wed Nov 3 22:20:17 EST 2004

Hi

I have just switched over to a Mac and have a question about the Lucida
Bright fonts. I have installed the fonts, run texhash and run the
following commands as suggested in a post I found in the archives for
this list.

sudo updmap --enable Map lucidabr-k.map
sudo updmap --enable Map lumath-k.map

Everything works fine. However, I have to include the line

\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}

in order for the fonts to work. If I don't \usepackage{lucidabr} does
not work. It does not produce an error, but the output is in computer
modern. If I use the older \usepackage{lucidbry} command then I do not
need to use the fontenc package. I have used the fonts for a number of
years on both Linux and Windows and have never had to use fontenc before.

So I am curious about this difference. Is this standard behaviour for
LaTeX on Macs? Or does it point to some mistake I've made when
installing the fonts that is likely to give me grief later on?

Thanks for your help.

Cameron
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>