[OS X TeX] Lucidabr and fontenc

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 4 06:22:45 EST 2004

Am 04.11.2004 um 04:20 schrieb Cameron Hooper:

> So I am curious about this difference. Is this standard behaviour for
> LaTeX on Macs? Or does it point to some mistake I've made when
> installing the fonts that is likely to give me grief later on?

Hello!

The font encoding is the problem. In
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/lucida you have two
sets of map files that assign a file name to a font name. Part of the
font name is its encoding. Obviously the UNIX (Mac OS X is UNIX too)
TeX installations are a bit more open then those for windows giving you
the freedom to choose between different input and output encodings. The
usual T1 or TeXBase1Encoding is used on UNIX (since ever), on Windows
LY1 or TeXnANSIEncoding has evolved through input from font vendors and
was set as standard in the format files.

If you're sure that you always will be using LY1 than you could adjust
the formats so that they use LY1 as output encoding -- but I can't tell
you by heart how to change this, and where! On the other hand you can
change your template file(s) that it (they) include(s) the line

\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}

from the beginning ...

--
Greetings