[OS X TeX] Tabular/array macros

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Nov 8 04:32:33 EST 2004

On 8 Nov 2004, at 7:44 PM, Jérôme Laurens wrote:
> Le 8 nov. 04, à 08:48, Will Robertson a écrit :
>
>> On 8 Nov 2004, at 5:48 PM, Jérôme Laurens wrote:
>>> ...tell application blah to select line # of the text of its first
>>> document...
>>
>> ..."tell the text of the front document to..."...
>
> I am not an applescript expert, but I believe this is exactly the same
> implementation.
> BTW, if it is not, there should be only minor differences such that
> both syntax should definitely be implemented,

Yeah, it's just two ways of saying the same thing. Applescript allows
all sorts of weird different ways to express things, which can make
things a little annoying sometimes when trying to borrow code from
other people :)

> I had a look at the insides of BBEdit's applescript dictionary when I
> started applescript implementation.
> Nothing was really targeted towards TeX and there was some problems
> concerning soft vs hard wrapping.
> Moreover, other "details" seemed to be unnatural and annoying.
> Maybe things have changed now, is there a BBEdit pro listening to
> enlight us?

Oh, that's not so good then.
(But I'm glad you thought of that when you started!)
I just assumed it had good (and natural) Applescript support.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>