[OS X TeX] Tabular/array macros

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 8 05:08:25 EST 2004

On 08.11.2004, at 10:14, Jérôme Laurens wrote:

> I had a look at the insides of BBEdit's applescript dictionary when I
> started applescript implementation.
> Nothing was really targeted towards TeX and there was some problems
> concerning soft vs hard wrapping.
> Moreover, other "details" seemed to be unnatural and annoying.

I don't know the older versions of BBEdit, but the Applescript
implementation in versions 7 and 8 is very good, certainly the best of
the applications I  work with. BBEdit distinguishes between "lines"
(hardwrap) and "display lines" (softwrap). Even if you don't own BBEdit
you can download a demo version and have access to its extensive
Applescript library and excellent user manual in the form of a pdf file
which should be saved separately, if you don't own it, so that you can
still read it even after the 30 days demo period.

An application should know the classes or terms (clipboard, selection,
line, text in line or content of line, start of line , end of line) and
the commands ( goto line #, select, put the insertion point, find).

I also like BBEdit's feature to have the lines in text files numbered,
if one wants it, which has nothing to do with scriptability of course.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>