[OS X TeX] microtype problem

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Nov 16 18:12:26 EST 2004

Gary L. Gray wrote:

> (5) I then typeset and, while I do not get the microtype warnings that I
> was getting before, I still find that microtype isn't doing anything. I
> also find that microtype works just fine on a test document.

In case you have expansion activated (it is by default): when you open the produced PDF file in Adobe Reader (or Acrobat) and use Cmd-D to see the list of fonts used, do you have several instances of each font, followed by different numbers? If so, that would indicate expansion does indeed work; if not, that would mean expansion has not been applied. And does it change when you alter the order in which packages are loaded (i.e. microtype before or after the font selection packages)?

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>