[OS X TeX] microtype problem

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Nov 16 18:37:24 EST 2004

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> In case you have expansion activated (it is by default): when you open
> the produced PDF file in Adobe Reader (or Acrobat) and use Cmd-D to see
> the list of fonts used, do you have several instances of each font,
> followed by different numbers? If so, that would indicate expansion does
> indeed work; if not, that would mean expansion has not been applied. And
> does it change when you alter the order in which packages are loaded
> (i.e. microtype before or after the font selection packages)?

I have been trying quickly. Both solutions

	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage{textcomp}
	\usepackage{lmodern}
	\usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=true]{microtype}

and

	\usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=true]{microtype}
	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage{textcomp}
	\usepackage{lmodern}

work (I get in Adobe Reader many fonts with names such as LMRoman10-Regular-Extend_1010), though they seem to have slightly different effects, producing PDF files of different sizes. microtype is v1.3, I don't have the latest Gerben's i-Package installed.

Just in case: did you check you don't have any personal addition somewhere inside ~/Library/texmf, that may be messing things up a bit?

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>