[OS X TeX] OT: Origin Datafiles

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Nov 22 04:42:05 EST 2004

Sorry for the OT, but I'm hoping somebody might have a tip or a pointer.

I recently asked a colleague for some raw data files. He sent them as Origin files (.org). Amazingly (or perhaps not), there is NO data export function in Origin. None of my software (Igor Pro, R, ProFit, Excel, Mesa, Chartsmith) *seems* to be able to import these files. Before I wade into the files with BBEdit to see what (if anything) is salvagable, I thought I'd ask here if anybody has any ideas for importing these files or extracting data from them. Initially, I'm hoping for a solution that does *not* involve PC hardware or windows emulation ? (Something from X11 land would be fine.)

(I'll try another couple of lists, so apologies to those who see this request more than once.)

wtia,

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>