[OS X TeX] showidx term in a footnote.

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Sat Oct 2 14:49:27 EDT 2004

I use showidx not just for me to check if and where a term has been
defined but mostly because I find it helps students who, before they
have assimilated a new term, need frequently to go back a few pages to
where the term is explained/defined but are deterred by having to use
the index.

Occasionally, I need to define a term that is not crucial to the body
and thus appears only in a footnote.

But, while the term does appear in the index, showidx does not show it
in the margin.

Is there anything I can do about it?

It is of course not really important since, as the argument is not
crucial in the first place, such terms will never appear in the body but
only, possibly, in further footnotes that, in fact, are mostly
"Inflammatory Notes for the Mortification of Educologists and the
Vindication of ``Just Plain Folks".

Grateful regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>