[OS X TeX] Problems with Bibdesk using elsart.cls

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Sun Oct 3 13:21:29 EDT 2004

On Oct 2, 2004, at 11:07 PM, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:

> I am getting confused in TexShop about using  Bibdesk with elsart.cls
> (this is the house class for Elsevier Science Publishers). I read
> through how to do this, and I am wondering if I should be doing
> something to my .aux files that I don't normally have to do in
> TexShop.  I've never had any problems using Bibdesk before (with this
> database file) , but the elsart  template suggests you to do the
> following: [snip]

Lisa,

	Don't know if this will help, but here is a schematic of what I did
for an article recently accepted at an Elsevier journal.  Although I
didn't use BibDesk, I did manage the .bib file separately (in BBEdit).
I have already sent back the page proofs with some minor revisions;  I
never had to place the contents of any .bbl file into my document, nor
muck around with any .aux files.  Everything just worked as "usual" in
TeXShop....  HTH.

      -----------------------8<-----------------------

\documentclass{elsart}
\usepackage{natbib}

%% Other \usepackage, \newcommands, etc. here ...

\begin{document}

	\begin{frontmatter}

		%% Follow Elsevier's code for article front page def'ns

	\end{frontmatter}

	%% ... Text goes here ...

	%% Bibliography:
	\clearpage
	\bibliographystyle{elsart-harv}
	\bibliography{mybibfile}  % mybibfile.bib

	%% Separate pages for each table and figure
	\include{tables}	% tables.tex
	\include{figures}	% figures.tex

\end{document}

                                       -- Mike