[OS X TeX] textcomp and prosper

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Thu Oct 14 06:55:33 EDT 2004

Hello list,

I am trying to use the textcomp package to produce the Euro sign in a
prosper presentation. Unfortunately I get an error saying:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/dvips: Warning:
missing glyph `euro'

Could this be related to an error in fontmapping or what could produce
this problem?
Using the package eurosym and the macro \euro I get a perfectly alright
Euro sign.

Stephan

PS: The typesetting routine is TeX and ghostscript, document head looks
like this:
\documentclass[pdf,colorBG,slideColor,noaccumulate,corners]{prosper}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage{graphicx,textcomp}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\DefaultTransition{Box}
\begin{document}
\overlays{2}{
\begin{slide}{Hilfe!}
\begin{itemize}
\fromSlide{2}{\item Deutschsprachige FAQ unter
\texttt{http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/}}
\item Tips \& Tricks: \texttt{http://www.texnik.de/}
\item Unterlagen der Fernuni Hagen:
\texttt{http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/URZ/urzbib/\\
ls\_broschueren.html}
\item Newsgroup: \texttt{news://de.comp.text.tex}
\item Referenz: \\
Karsten Günther(2002): \emph{\LaTeX{} ge-packt}. Bonn: mitp-Verlag.
Neupreis: \texteuro 14,95 %here's the bugger
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}}
\end{document}
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>