[OS X TeX] how to handle window-mania?

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 14 18:02:52 EDT 2004

> BTW, does anyone have a TeXShop script to open included file?  (e.g.,
> hilight the name of a file in an \input or \include statement, run the
> script, and the document in question is opened?)  I've gotten used to
> it from programming editors...

Matthew,

below is an Applescript for BBEdit with this functionality. It is
assumed that my BBEdit subroutine scripts are installed in
~/Library/TeXShop/Scripts.

Furthermore, the included file is assumed to be in the same directory
as the source file and is referred to simply by its basename.

Claus

-- Applescript
-- Apply only to an already saved file.
-- Claus Gerhardt, Oct. 2004

(* The subroutine setnamebbedit returns baseName, texName, pdfName,
namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted, and saves the document of window
texName.
*)

tell application "BBEdit"
	get file of window 1
	set filepath to result
	set fileName to POSIX path of filepath as string

	set scriptPath to (do shell script "dirname " &
"~/Library/TeXShop/Scripts/ex")
	set scriptPath to scriptPath & "/setnamebbedit.scpt"
	set scriptName to POSIX file scriptPath as alias
	set scriptLiB to (load script scriptName)
	tell scriptLiB
		set {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted}
to setnamebbedit(fileName)
	end tell

	set findName to selection as string
	set fileName to findName & ".tex" as string

	set shellScript to "cd " & dirName & ";"
	set shellScript to shellScript & "bbedit   " & fileName
	do shell script shellScript

end tell

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>